7/30/08

fun week in New Orleans..

Hello darlings, sorry I have been away for a looooong time, but I have some great post coming soon..I felt really bad for abandoning every one, so I thought that I should check in and let you know of some things that's been keeping me away for awhile...my parents decided to go to Natchitoches, Louisiana to spend some well deserved alone time together..(I haven't seem the pictures yet, but thanks to Google I can give you a glimpse of what they seen)

and I promise when I seem them I will show you all the beautiful pictures of this place..my mommy wants to take me there for our "girls night out" (every Thursday me and my mom get together and do something together..either shop, go see a movie or travel for a day..girls only)haha its so much fun!! So while they were gone, I was staying with my darling man, in New Orleans..it was quit an eventful week (we usually do nothing but eat out and then watch movies, because we think we have been every where in New Orleans already..)well we were so WRONG!!! First we went out on a "date night" (because I was upset, and he wanted me to feel better..it was so sweet and cute) so we got dressed up (sorry no pictures, my parents had the camera) but it was soo funny because the first thing that came to mind was a blogger friend of mine, who has one of the most interesting blogs i have ever read..you must visit her blog..but anyways, we got all dressed up for each other and then went to this cute little cafe (think Aladdin sorts) it was so awesome looking..so were eating pasta's and talking and laughing..then all of a sudden I look up at something that startled me..the clouds outside were BLACK...I mean horribly mean looking clouds..then the lightening went basurk and nonstop flashes every where..I was actually getting a little freaked out..then the rain kicked in and it was so strong that you couldn't see past the door anymore..some poor woman came in with an umbrella and it flipped inside out on her..she was soaking wet by the time she managed to open the door...so we stayed cozy and safe inside the cute cafe..ordering brownie Sundays and turtle cheesecake (no turtles were harmed in the making) MMMmmmm...so delicious..I wish I saved some for you, but honestly I couldn't..it was that good..I didn't want to stop eating it..haha (picture found on Google)

So we waited till the storm rolled over and then decided to continue the night with friends at a famous place in New Orleans, Rock n' Bowl..it has been featured on travel channel and is known all over for its unique bowling alley...Live music..and cheap food and beer..I haven't been bowling in over 6 years and I was so happy that we decided to actually go out and have some fun with friends..I was on a roll with bowling too..I keep getting either gutter balls or knocking down 9 pins..haha it was so much fun though..(I promise to put pictures of that in my next blog post)..

The next day we decided to hit up the french quarter and look at all the unique stores that we never really payed attention too..You can find some of the most beautiful and unique nick-knacks..from antiques to paintings to weird art..I'm going to take my camera next time and show you the wonderful places..I promise!!! Then it was soo hot (heat index around 107) it literally sucked the energy from us..so we left and came back to the house to watch ...."P.S. I love you"I honestly have NEVER cried soo much during a movie..it really makes you appreciate the ones that you love..such a touching movie..(I'm a weirdo over endings, it has to be PERFECT for me to like it..) but I didn't quit like the ending so much..but its a movie that will be on my shelf soon enough..;p So after many tears and hugging my darling and hoping that nothing bad ever happens to him..we decided to watch another movie (one I have seen before, but not him) so I begged that we see this movie..Its so cute and like all movies that I love ever so much its a twisted fairytale..but for those of you that have seen this movie, don't you absolutely LOVE her room??? I'm head over heels in love with her room..and vowed that when I have my own house, the attic (or a room) will be a fairytale room..fake trees, fake grass, birds everywhere..swing in the room..pure magic..yep..

The next day my darling had to work then go to the gym..well I wanted to surprise him with a yummy meal when he came back..so I went to target and did some shopping..I got back (he was already home) and cooked some broccoli and cheese rice..he cooked some very spicy chicken (so good) and then we threw that together and had a healthy dinner...


And for dessert I made..German Chocolate cake with coconut and pecan icing...so yummy!!! (by the way I have a well known talent for baking..) not to brag or anything..;p

Well I better be off now..going cook dinner..don't know what though..I may get some ideas from my favorite food blogger..Gourmet momma..have a wonderful Wednesday..

PS: I have a few pictures that I have finished painting and coloring..and bringing to life..when I get home tomorrow I will post them up and show the lovely girls off..adios

1 comment:

Rebecca Ramsey said...

What a fun time! I've always wanted to go to New Orleans, but have never had the chance. Beautiful photos!
And I probably won't see PS I love You anytime soon...we're about to take my first baby to college in a couple weeks and I don't want to set off a crying jag! But Penelope looks fun!
Becky